Saturday, November 7, 2009

MOS was the SHEEEIT!

It was a Friday night and it was time for the first official gig at Ministry of Sound as Mr. Fluff.
We got there a wee bit early ... around 9.30pm and Sean was right on time. We didn't know we were supposed to start at 9.30pm. So anyways, Sean aka DJ Dayshavoo started and it was still quiet and being me, I forgot it was still damn early. Had a few drinks and chilled .. my Bebi was wearing what i call the Mario suit! It was red and only red and it was a mini jumpsuit. I admit she looked hot in it. Ma Bebeh So Sessay! Haha!

10.30pm came around and it was a little bit slow with Patrick and the other MOS crew saying that Fridays @ MOS is slow. So i "Kan Cheong" a bit. Thinking that it's just gonna be one of those loud nights with an empty dancefloor ...

11.30pm Sean dropped a major track for the dance floor, it worked very well. He played a remix of "I gotta feeling" where i was kinda ... meaaargh~ okay okay lah. But it worked well. the dance floor started filling up ...

12am .. it was my turn to spin .. started off with a Bingo Players remix of Special. Got on the mic and started hyping out the crowd as they were making some noise. When i mixed in the 2nd track which i can't remember at all what it was, I looked up and asked the lights guy, Michael Mah to turn the lights up and make it look damn happening ... there it was ... the moment of silence in my head, as if everything slowed down and just pure silence in my head ... This is a good night! The dancefloor was packed, beautiful people dancing and enjoying the night. I got wild and started playing the biggest of the biggest tracks and rocked the night away! it was like a massive rave party and i think there were more than 500 people at that party.

1am .. I can't believe the dancefloor was still packed and i was kinda tipsy and really wanted to go to the loo ... i dropped a track and rushed to the toilet and did whatever i had to lah. When i was done in the toilet i saw the wifey was not there .. i thought to myself maybe she went to the loo or went to the DEQ for a smoke. So i didn't bother lorr. The cool thing about that night was .. my friends & newly made ones were there. I was happy mang! I remembered Natalie was there, Eric & Amira, was there, the dudes from Raw was there too, Zaha was there and then suddenly, Esther came knocking on the glass and just barged into the console and making manja noises and she was fucked. She was drunk. Mixing beer & vodka. Funny thing too that she didn't remember at all that this moment happened .. I asked her to sit down on the chair but she dashed off as if I said something wrong. I was totally disappointed not because of her dashing off .. but the fact that it was a big night for me and yet she can just drink her ass off and not think or care about the night. I would love it if she remembered the whole night. But too bad.

1.45am .. Sean came into the console all drunk & excited, he stood infront of the console on the left and suddenly stopped the music accidentally. I was like "What?!?!" so i picked up the mic and covered the both of our asses and of course hyped up the crowd. It was a downer i admit, quickly fast forwarded the next track and brought it back up! Thank god for the cover. But the dancefloor was slowly clearing.

2am .. I passed the console over to Sean and we played back to back. His friends came and supported him by filling the dancefloor again. He saved it from having to have it go up again. Good Shit. So we played up to 2.45am and i took over and ended the night with Prince's Sexy Mother Fucker. I don't know why but i did it. Hehe!

Spoke to Michelle & Patrick and they said they were happy with the turn out. It was a good night thanks to all the PR on Facebook, Fly FM & Star Newspaper. I don't know how that got on but it did. hehe! Till the next round lah! I think from the first gig itself, without a proper launch, I think it's gonna be a good one .. i mean the next one which should be the launch. Am gonna talk to MOS further about it next week and Seal The Deal with a higher pay. I hope.

Everyone went back home with a smile and praising the both of me & Sean "Good Stuff". I was happy and I've not played to a filled up room as big as MOS in a while. Let's hope for more. Hope when you're reading this, you are listening to some good music on this chilled out Sunday evening! Cheerio!

Mood : Do For Love by 2pac

No comments: